I was looking for a reporting tool, that was able to select data, sort and filter, and finally output the selected data to a file or to print.
I have heard of people who were looking for a calendar - found that most web-based event calendars on the internet were too complicated, not user-friendly or not flexible enough. And then made their own.
Luckily I found a reporting tool that met my needs - I would not have been able to write something myself.
I must say, that this program is very, very good.
It is free, and like the LuxCal, it is loaded with functionality.
It works on the LuxCal databases, as it works on both MySql and SqLite.
But of course, it is not limited to Luxcal or MySql or SqLite - it runs on a variety of databases.
An Open Source PHP web reporting tool. Design reports. Build Report Menus. Embed reports in web pages. Add criteria selection. Run to HTML, PDF, CSV. Groups. Charts. Expressions. Drilldowns. Bootstrap compatible.
Optional modules for Joomla, Yii 1.1 and 2.0 and Laravel
Reportico provides the following features:-
- Report output in HTML, PDF or CSV format
- Configurable formatting of report output data
- Easy set up of report criteria entry screens. You may select from list boxes, check boxes, radio buttons all generated from the underlying database data.
- Configurable look and feel via Stylesheets and Templates
- Support for many databases through PDO extensions and through the ADODB connectivity class. Supported databases include MySQL,Oracle,Informix,SQLite,SQLServer,PostgresQL and many others
- Definition of groups and associated headers and trailers
- Individual data items brought back from the database can be manipulated prior to reporting via expression assignments using the the PHP language. This allows you to alter the formatting of data and perform arithmetic and string manipulation.
- For more complex reports, you may enter PHP code directly into the report front end that can transform, summarise and generally manipulate your data before it is pulled out for final reporting. This lends itself to the production of report data that has been filtered or summarised. It also facilitates the ability to perform batch transactions, updates and deletes during report execution and the report output can be the success status of the operation.
- Embedding of reports
- Ability to produce Graphs from the reported data. The style and look of the Graphs are configurable with the ability to plot bar, line and pie plots with configurable colours, fonts and sizes.
- Ability to include database images within the report output.
- Ability to run reports in safe or live mode that will prevent users being able to modify the report configurations
- Ability to publish your reports as an XML or JSON API
- Filtering reports by web user id
- Running multiple reports on a single page
It is supported and made by Peter Deed. I think, that he and Roel, entered Earth, with the same spaceship.
You can see a sample report, I have made. It is on the "Report run" menu